Our Water Sports Academy runs every year during the period April to mid-June and September-October. It is designed to support beginners to learn how to sail or windsurf, in the favorable conditions of Velipoje beach. We provide training for all ages with experienced instructors, guaranteeing success and wonderful experience.
The Water Sports Academy each year selects young teams who are provided with free tuition on learning sailing and windsurfing, building our national capacities in this sport and preparing competition among the youth and children.
The training consists on:
- Learning and practicing safety aspects of the water sports
- Understanding the wind and how to make good use of the wind conditions to sail
- Theoretical issues related to sailing and windsurfing
- Getting to know the equipment
- Practicing on land
- Practicing in the water
- Building experience on basic moves and progressing with speed and planing
- Preparing for speed competitions
The only prerequisite for participating in the Sailing or Windsurfing Academy is that you have to know to swim (tests could be performed to ensure all participants have a self-rescue ability in the water) and fully comply with the rules and regulations of the Water Sports Academy.